Possible COVID-19 Impact on ISHM 47th Congress and Summer Course Skip to main content

Current time in Riga:


Possible Coronavirus (COVID-19) Impact on ISHM 47th Congress and Summer Course

The concerns with COVID-19 have prompted institutions across the world to restrict travel to conferences abroad until at least May. There are cancellations of major academic conferences in March and April everywhere.

The meeting in Riga is still 5 months away. We do not know if travel to and within Europe will be allowed (or wise) by the summer.
We hope to make a final decision on potential postponement by May 1.
Until then the Congress organising committee is continuing its work as planned. We have received over 200 abstract submissions from 23 countries and they are currently under review. You will receive the confirmation letter until April 1 as promised.

On behalf of the Organizing Commeettee of the 47-th Congress of ISHM

Juris Salaks